Sugar. Our bodies can heal and thrive in the absence of...

1. 153 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 63
    Sugar. Our bodies can heal and thrive in the absence of carbohydrates. Fruit,vegetables and whole grains eaten are converted to glucose to fuel our bodies. The excess is stored as body fat. Eliminating carbohydrates on a well formulated ketogenic diet our bodies run on an alternate fuel source ketones which are produced in the liver. My diet consists of fish I catch, organic eggs, grass fed beef and butter. I have not had fruit or vegetables for years. At 50 I am healthier than when I was in my twenties. I started this way of eating to improve my health. Studies have shown that ketones protect and rebuild our telomeres . Telomeres are on the ends of our chromosomes. Damaged telomeres can cause cancer and ageing. This style of eating is not for everyone and can be socially isolating(how many friends do we really need) but it has improved my life. Many people would be a lot healthier if we inverted the food pyramid preached by many doctors and nutritionists. On a proper ketogenic diet we don't need the drugs peddled by the pharmaceutical companies. Pfizer has revenue of 125 billion on the cholesterol lowering drug Lipitor. Mortality rates are higher for people with lower cholesterol than higher. Cholesterol isn't a problem its the inflammation in our bodies that makes us sick. Feel free to disagree I am just an ageing tradie who has found the fountain of youth.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.