AVB 0.00% 16.5¢ avanco resources limited

Ann: Antas Mine Development Update, page-209

1. 128 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 11
    Phil,

Great post, the above comment really rings true with me and has coaxed me out of the shadows. When I first invested invested in AVB all those years ago (from memory with the +50% Cu hits?) I was a newbie and mistakenly assumed that the high risk, high reward went hand in hand with a quick turn around. In all the years of watching AVB (and a couple of others) growing at a pace slow enough for me to question my investment decisions, I've looked to the ‘smart money’ for validition of my own ideals.

I know I'm repeating this but a quote I have pinned on my office wall from everyone's favourite amateur investor, Mr Buffet;

“With a wonderful business, you can figure out what will happen; you can’t figure out when it will happen. You don’t want to focus on when, you want to focus on what. If you’re right about what, you don’t have to worry about when”

The long road it has been has challenged every ounce of my patience, and we're not there yet, but I can't recall an announcement over the years that hasn't further strengthened my confidence in the 'what' with AVB. Yes, even with what at first seemed a debacle with finance.

Like a few others I’m sure, my missus has firm grip on my wallet amongst other things so I had to cop a fair whack of dilution in the last cap raise. I almost cried but I put my big boy pants on and in reflection I’m a lot happier in that with dilution, I have bought some security in my investment. Whilst comforting to have a few big names on our register, they’re no guarantee to hang around for ever, but the money they’ve put in to build our first mine isn’t going anywhere. There’s also the bonus in that what we lose in future earnings to pay for that security is next to nothing.

Back to the shadows for me bit big thumbs up and thanks to the quality posters over the years (positive and negative) who have provided me with food for thought and assisted my learning. Hopefully next time I reappear it's to discuss the effect of Cu and Au prices on current earnings.

BR

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVB (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.