true gse, but, one would expect very successful investors to...

1. 80,433 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 75
    true gse,

but, one would expect very successful investors to have at least a little wealth on display ---- not a trick shoebox.

Ditto flying cattle class, ditto how about a nice car rather than a 50's mini and how about fine dining rather than Maccas or rtc..

Gees, I thought the idea of investment and lifestyle was to actually get some style. Many of these articles and threads are chock full of cheap, saving money and living in trick shoe boxes.

For heavens sake ---------------- I did that on student allowance and still bought two houses.

And, really - I NEVER had to live in a trick shoe box ------- the thought of it horrifies me. I don't mind when one gets to buy cheap -- and, I certainly look for VALUE all the time - but, trick shoe boxes compared to nice homes, rice burner cars compared to nice cars - not even over the top cars - but, say Audi A5 or similar ----- business class compared to cattle class, fine dining compared to second hand baked beans --------

man, we are comparing poverty to doing well ------------- and the thing that I notice, is this is an investment forum - imo, it doesn't say much about the quality of the investments does it?

I do not believe totally that you get what you pay for - many times that isn't true -- but, fair suck of the sav - flying cattle class for 15 to 20 hours isn't a nice experience - nor is freezing your butt off in a rough riding rice burner - there is such a thing as style - and imo, people should be looking toward that - especially in an investment forum.

And as to going out of one's way to save money on these things ie. investing time - the ONLY resource you cannot buy and the only resource that when wasted is lost forever --------------- hmmm, far better imo to spend one's time increasing one's wealth so one doesn't have to think about these things.
    Life is for living - and not in a shoebox eating baked beans.

Poverty sucks.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.