''We must hope that the citizenry and its leaders progress its...

1. 81,775 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 75
    ''We must hope that the citizenry and its leaders progress its release, ''

nope - this is not going to happen and it's precisely what I've been writing about now for years - it 'cannot happen'

governments cannot keep up with technological changes in society - they were always slow - now, it's impossible

but, within a decade ------- the impossible now will be eclipsed and eclipsed and eclipsed

it's why I've said that 'get out of the way and let business do business' is all over - was over decades ago.

Government will legislate far more --------- it will have to be legislation by AI - it's already begun (although some people with no idea of the world they live in say it's still science fiction - it's not, it's in use already)

but, AI itself will not be able to keep up with legislation - and there's a LOT of reasons for that - and not just known issues like hallucinations or similar (which I believe will not be an issue within ?? 20 years - Gates 'kind of' thinks hallucinations won't be an issue within a decade or so)

but, overall --------------- as to that ''
    'We must hope that the citizenry and its leaders progress its release, ''

not a snowballs chance in hell ---------------- we CANNOT stop or slow technology by choosing to

the only technologies that have ever been 'slowed' have happened because of other technologies ------- eg. the valve halted the progress of the transistor ------------- for quite a while - but, then ------------ wammo

stone blade technology was halted in it's development by Cu - for a while - and only in some places (in Australia, it continued to develop for example)

but, after a while - it all halted because of Cu, bronze, iron ------------------- for a long time --------- but no again - stone tool technology is back ---------- for plastic surgery

(and that's discounting diamond technology - which I think is a bit of a cheat).

IMO --------- technology is and will run over us all ----------- and AI is well one the road. When it combines with Quantum ---

get outta the way - comin through ----------- game over lots of things

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.