A colossal failure!

1. 11,857 Posts.
    Man's attempt to rule themselves independent of God has been exposed as a failure. Centuries ago faithful servants of God were inspired to write the same thing. King Solomon, renowned for his wisdom wrote:

Ecclesiastes 8:9) All of this I have seen, and I applied my heart to every work that has been done under the sun, during the time that man has dominated man to his harm.

Noted historian Jeremiah also concluded:

(Jeremiah 10:23) I well know, O Jehovah, that man’s way does not belong to him. It does not belong to man who is walking even to direct his step.

Jesus and his disciples knew that at a set time, God himself would establish a government in heaven to rule over the entire earth. The Bible calls this government God’s Kingdom and reveals that Jesus Christ has been appointed as its King. (Revelation 11:15) Since that Kingdom affects all humans, Jesus made “the good news of the kingdom of God” the main subject of his teachings. (Luke 4:43) He also taught his disciples to pray: “Let your kingdom come.” Why? Because under that Kingdom, God’s will is sure to be done in heaven and on earth.—Matthew 6:9, 10.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.