A.L.A.

1. 12,654 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 501
    I went to my first ALA meeting last night, curious as to how they would present. Speaker Bernard Gaynor gave a great speech, factual, discussed the deficit and spending beyond our means, appeared to be across his subject matter, very critical of political correctness, claiming it was stopping honest debate and that politicians were too frightened to speak honestly for fear of being labelled, discussed the great cost of pandering to minority groups and the lack of integration by Muslims in Australia and elsewhere. Local member Andrew( "Lame" to his mates) Laming dropped in to check out the opposition and hung around afterwards answering questions from disaffected voters and trying to mitigate damage.

Like others on here, I wouldn't have considered looking at ALA had Abbott been maintained as PM. I had written to Laming several times to warn against Turnbull, but my warnings were not heeded. His chickens are now coming home to roost.

Overall , my impression of A.L.A. was very positive. Admittedly a fledgling party, a long way to go, but at this stage, they show a lot of promise, integrity, strength of character and strong conservative policies that will benefit and reward all genuine hardworking Australians. I hope they make it. Australia desperately needs their values.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.