AJL 0.00% 1.3¢ aj lucas group limited

I noticed in the half yearly report, it said: “The group...

1. 6,364 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2407
    I noticed in the half yearly report, it said: “The group continues to look for further diversification as and where they make sense.” Source: ASX:AJL Appendix 4D and Half Yearly Report, https://cdn-api.markitdigital.com/apiman-gateway/ASX/asx-research/1.0/file/2924-02776584-2A1507070

ASX:AJL’s chairman Andrew Purcell’s other company ASX:MAY is in need of two things: 1) a rig, 2) a full crew to service that rig. Currently they are using Sherritt’s rig/crew (however I don’t believe this is sustainable).

ASX:MAY’s new discovery will require decades of drilling if they are going to get the P50 prospective resources out of the ground.

Your CEO has a background in oil and gas. ASX:MAY is drilling for oil/gas.

As a shareholder of ASX:MAY nothing would make me happier to see a collaboration of ASX:AJL and ASX:MAY.

I understand ASX:AJL is probably already restricted to fixed contracts and probably can’t leave without a penalty, but… if it was worth it, I know I would be willing as a shareholder to start paying my share of the expenses for ASX:AJL to start drilling.

Problems with this new idea:
    1) AJL is probably stuck in the UK/Australia on contracts.
    2) The idea is based on moving a rig + crew to Cuba long term.
    3) maybe AJL don’t own a suitable rig to drill to 3000+ metres MD? The rig would also need to drill horizontal wells (directional drilling).

Benefits:
    1) friendly customer
    2) less restrictions and hostilities to oil/gas/drilling
    3) faster development (less red tape).
    4) possibly a project that might be “long term”. $$$$

This idea probably has already been thought of, and I wouldn’t be surprised if the two companies were already in discussions.

Thoughts?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AJL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
1.3¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $17.88M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.0¢ 0.0¢ 0.0¢ $0 0

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 83333 1.1¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
1.2¢ 90800 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.12pm 03/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AJL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.