I have had enough of this Right v Left mentality that we see all...

1. 3,994 Posts.
    I have had enough of this Right v Left mentality that we see all over Hot Copper and int he media more generally.

All of the political parties stink - Labor, Coalition, Greens, all of them. All they care about is themselves, THEIR pay rises, THEIR 15.4% super, THEIR parliamentary pensions after they leave, THEIR allowances which some of them don't need. If there's any "double dippers", "rorters" and "fraudsters" in this country, it is NOT new mothers with new born children, it is our politicians in the public service.

And that's great that Abbott's border policy is "praised on the world stage" from overseas.. it's stopping people drowning at sea apparently so that's great.. but is it an ethical and humane policy? Turning boats back so some other poor country can deal with this influx of "boat people" who are apparently going to threaten our way of life. Oh watch out everyone the boat people are coming. It's a disgrace how both parties have used immigration and boats as political point scoring. Just like it's equally appalling that both sides have apparently paid smugglers to turn back boats with tax payer money and they think they don't have to explain to the public. It's called rule of law and international law.

"stop the boats", "axe the tax", "no jab, no pay".. it's just embarrassing. How about investing in new sectors of the economy rather than flogging the same iron ore and coal dead ducks over and over... and before the Coalition voters come out and start crucifying me: like I already have said- I think all of the parties stink and I wouldn't bother voting for any of them if it wasn't compulsory to vote!

Oh and Eric Abetz saying front bench ministers who want marriage equality "should resign".. I'm sure there are many people who thought the same thing about when he said Abortion is linked to breast cancer.. and Brandis: people have the right to be bigots. Freedom of speech important apparently except for when discrimination and marriage equality is concerned. Whip Andrew Nikolic said there is no momentum on marriage equality - has he been living under a rock? Stats show 75% of Aussies want it and major developments have been made around the world in USA, Ireland, plus more. Who are we to tell two couples of same sex gender they can't get married?

"#theirabc" "#theiraustralian" - I just want to move overseas when I read tripe in the media, On HC and other us v them comments. Honestly what is this country becoming. Quick stay on high alert and stay on your guard there's a high terror alert everyone run for cover... fear fear fear. I've just had a gutful of all of it. Sorry for the rant but it's about time people stopped this constant point scoring. Invest in children, education, the health of our people, the economy, and unite as one, otherwise we're all screwed. That's the way I see it! Each to their own I guess..

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.