Australians have a long and proud history of knocking chips off...

1. 10,378 Posts.
    Australians have a long and proud history of knocking chips off shoulders. I am not an AFL follower but we've seen that with blonde galah a few decades back who wore coloured boots. In NRL we saw it back in the 90s when Mundine carried on like an idiot.

It seems that when the subject is indigenous, somehow it becomes an exercise in racism. It's very strange. Is it the case now that if anyone boos Goodes they are racist? If so, the PC brigade have taken leave of their senses. What I know of Goodes I have read in the papers or seen plastered interminable across the news. Great footie player he may be, I don't know. One thing is obvious though. Like Nthony Mundine, this fellow is a tosser who plays the race card. He should give it a rest.

The other 70 indigenous players don't whinge. I follow rugby and league. Indigenous and islander players are very prevalent. No booing of any of them at all. This leads to aninescapable conclusion. Gillard was reviled, but not because of misogyny. Goodes is booed, but not because of racism. The reason is in the mirror.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.