ABC upset. We need more of this.

1. 3,906 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 109
    Tears at ABC as talents depart And so farewell, then, Sean Dorney, Jim Middleton, Margaret Pomeranz and David Stratton and a host of other lesser-known ABC mortals. The departing talent are putting on a happy face about their years at Auntie but behind the scenes there are tears and teeth gnashing as the ABC sheds staff, deep sixes programs such as At the Movies, axes the Australia Network and turns international services into "rip-and-read" affairs to meet budget cuts. Fears are also afoot as the ABC board meets on Monday to discuss swinging the axe and staff talk of the Eugene Goossens Hall at the Ultimo headquarters being booked in the following days so managing director Mark Scott can deliver the bad news to a mass rally. The ABC lost $120 million in the budget and optimistic staff are saying a further $50 million cut will have 500 jobs eliminated and almost everything apart from news outsourced. Board member Fiona Stanley defended the ABC and tore into the Murdoch press's incessant bias allegation. Now the bravely outspoken broadcaster Quentin Dempster says the cuts will be punitive and ideological. "What's most confronting is to see the testicular hold Rupert now has on Tony [Abbott]," Dempster said. "I appeal to the Prime Minister to demonstrate to the Australian people that he's his own man and not a creature of Rupert Murdoch." Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/lifestyle/cel...the-ernies-20140919-10ipbh.html#ixzz3DnT3i6BY

Brave outspoken? Looks like the ABC is rolling out comedy this summer. So with $850 million left they will outsource everything but the news. In other words a labor/green propaganda machine. I thought it already was that. Is Tony allowed to give himself a knighthood? When Dempster makes a comment like that what do you think the PM is thinking? Mmmmm how about more cuts.

if these people had half a brain they would realize that you don't insult your employer and think your job is safe. Morons.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.