SIT 0.00% 0.3¢ site group international limited

ACCC vs Site, page-18

1. 163 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 10
    Only media reports. Given the fact that the government refused to pay them a lot of the money already I think a $30 million fine is very unlikely. When the ACCC won against acquire and was awarded $4.5 million it was the second largest consumer protection penalty. Of course there is also the matter of legal (party to party) costs which would likely be awarded to whomever wins.

The AAT case relates to ASQA not renewing Site's registration as an RTO. ASQA has already cancelled Productivity Partners Pty Ltd which was the entity behind Captain Cook colleges and it seems this went relatively unopposed by Site. There appears to be a right of appeal to the federal court if you lose a case at the AAT but you must be able to demonstrate an error in law based on the original evidence only. In practice, I am not aware of a case where this has been done by an RTO however most RTOs can't tap the market for money to fund it either. If this were to occur, I'd say they would have to move fast (as opposed to the dragging out that was happening up until now) as the cancellation would take effect 30 days after the decision and this would cut off nearly all of the cashflow from their Australian operations. Funding this would also require further dilution unless a significant source of revenue appears, and we haven't yet seen the impact of COVID-19 albeit they appear to be upbeat in their announcements.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SIT (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.3¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $6.506M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.0¢ 0.0¢ 0.0¢ $0 0

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 4750000 0.2¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.3¢ 16029975 13
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.12pm 22/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
0.2¢
  Change
0.000 ( 0.00 %)
Open High Low Volume
0.2¢ 0.2¢ 0.2¢ 150000
Last updated 14.18pm 22/05/2024 ?
SIT (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.