ADSL2+ vs NBN, page-29

1. 18,327 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 276
    Sorry to bring this old thread up, but just a query to anyone out there that is still on ADSL2+ with NBN being live in the area.

NBN went live in our street mid April '15, since then being bombarded with NBN mail/Phone calls and the like etc... to get me on the new network. Only problem was it was going to cost me more than what I am currently paying for ADSL2+ and the speeds were going to be slower.

Just prior to the NBN becoming active I was achieving a line speed of 18/2, so in a way was equivalent to being in between tier 1 and tier 2 of the NBN. Now after NBN being live for the past 6-7months my current line speed is about 5/0.8, reducing all speeds to a 1/3 of what we were normally getting.

Now I'm just wondering if it would be people using the NBN that has reduced my speeds or the telco exchange down the road has reduced the data bandwidth on the ADSL2+ copper lines. I'm thinking later, mainly because no matter what time during the day or night or even at 2, 3 & 4am in the morning, that is now my maximum and at all times during the day the speed I always achieve.

So are they just limiting our speeds to in a way force us off the ADSL2+ network? To jump over to the NBN and get a speed a little higher than I was previously I need to fork out another $20-$25 a month more.

Just wondering if any one else has experienced our scenario?

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.