AVB 0.00% 16.5¢ avanco resources limited

Funny you say that Piast My very first flat in the old dart many...

1. 11,721 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 575
    Funny you say that Piast

My very first flat in the old dart many moons ago was owned and run by a professional bookie. Archie was his name and I was about 18 I at the time, this is a long straw but if you care to join the dots you may get something out of it and yes it's true.

As an 18 year old I was well equipped to advise this 70 year old professional bookie .... right. Well each day I came home (Engineering Apprentice) I would pass his little office and got to asking how his day went "how many winners today Archie?" take a packet did ya? Flicking my Marc Bolan hair at him,T. Rex all the go in olden times

Anyway I gave up asking after a while, because Archie could go a whole week without a single bet, what a head case I would think to myself, all week stuffed up in that little room reading and studying the form yet more days than most he did not place or lay a bet. His words at the time seemed a bit lame, but his words stayed with me. He would say "I could not find any value"

Well I am sure I laughed at old Archie many times back then, but who rented a 6 pound a week flat in his very big home and who was it that watched his Roller fizz by me on the bus stop come rain or shine? Oh yes that was me, and I am happy to say I learnt.

Good luck to you.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVB (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.