Albanese caught red handed lying, page-272

1. 3,900 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 278
    I couldn't care a less about whether politicians turn up to protests, I prefer to see their actions. I see politicians turning up to protests as virtue signaling and trying to make it about themselves. I don't see not turning up to protests as meaning they don't care either. I care about the safety of women, but wouldn't turn up to a protest as I prefer to demonstrate actions and have a lot going on in my life including a number of daughters and a wife. If they wanted to protest and asked me to come along, I would go.

Albo turned up and demonstrated all he cared about was making it about himself, and showed his attitude towards women was worthy of protest. I don't know who turned up, but I am sure most wish Albo didn't turn up. Violence of any form is a societal issue, and the politicians need to listen, internalise, and then create actions but not speak if they have nothing worthy to say. The key people who need to listen to the protests though are those that perpetuate violence. We don't need grandstanding.

You seem to be excusing some pretty bad behaviour from Albo because you believe the LNP did not turn up. That is playing politics and not holding people responsible for poor behaviour which is exactly the type of excuse that a perpetuator of violence would use, and why women don't leave poor relationships. You have demonstrated how violence or poor behaviour is excused. Thank you for your demonstration of that.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.