@Hinchinbrook I am trying to keep some brotherly/sisterly love...

1. 17,986 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 151
    @Hinchinbrook I am trying to keep some brotherly/sisterly love alive for everyone posting on here. All of us, all posters come to be the way they are by way of the their lives' experiences as I did!
    The fact that we all have come along different routes is neither their nor my fault.
    The world has big problems to solve and we need to apply our reason, our compassion first and then maybe turn out the stronger ammunition, but hatred should never be 'ammunition' - because it is based on unreason, on superstition, on tales told to other people, who then told tales to them etc. etc. - the truth getting lost along the way.
    I am really struggling with what is going on in Israel/Palestine now.
    - I have and have had many Jewish friends and one particular lady fled from Hungary as a young teenager with her parents to Israel, but she lives in Australia now - I can only empathise with her, but believe there is a lot more going on and a lot more hanging by the voting public of Israel for Netanyahu (whose role as defender will come in good stead at the next election) than meets the eye. The very statistics of this butchery is now very much in Israels favour (if I can be excused for using the word 'favour' in this grim accounting) - there are over 40 000 dead Palestinians now - and yes, all Hamas needs to do, is release the hostages and it will all end.
    But there is so much more going on in the background, into which the ordinary person has no insight - so I think, it is futile to discuss this Gordean Knot.
    It is sad that humanity still cannot see its way beyond mutual butchery to resolve a conflict. It does not bode well for mankind's future.
    Go well
    Taurisk

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.