I await the outcome if they are returning the kids home, who are...

1. 4,183 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 76
    I await the outcome if they are returning the kids home, who are not abiding by the rules of the curfew??? Really? Do they not understand what is happening in these homes and why the "children" are roaming at night and missing/sleeping through lessons at school? Really??
    Don't their parents have a duty to their children? Isn't responsible parenting part of raising a family? I imagine these "parents receive Family Tax Benefit A and probably B as well. Quite substantial payment.
    The maximum rate for FTB Part A depends on the age of the child you get it for.
    The maximum rate for each child per fortnight is:$213.36 for a child 0 to 12 years
    $277.48 for a child 13 to 15 years
    $277.48 for a child 16 to 19 years who meets the study requirements
    If you get FTB Part A, you may also get the FTB Part A supplement. It’s a yearly payment.If you’re eligible, you’ll get it after we balance your payments. We do this after the end of the financial year.
    For the 2023-24 financial year, it’s a payment of up to $879.65 for each eligible child.
    The amount we’ll pay you depends on all of the following:how many children you have in your careif you share careyour family’s incomethe number of days you were eligible for FTB Part A.
    How about take the kids into care for a few weeks. Disallow the FTB while the parents are not "parenting"
    Keep doing it until the parents change their ways. Just like Centrelink lessens the amount jobseekers get if they earn outside wages.
    .While in care, the kids will be clean,fed, and maybe even educated. Win, win for the kids. After all, it appears that there is a high probability that the FTB is not being used to benefit the child, but is being poured down the throats, or into the arms of parents neglecting their responsibilities.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.