"There are so many diverging and complex issues involved in...

1. Enn
    1,463 Posts.
    "There are so many diverging and complex issues involved in confidence surveys they're a waste of time ,but it keeps pollsters employed"

And the same complex variety of issues are involved in any attempt to attribute blame for the current position of the government.

Yes, revenue is down, yes the Senate has been extraordinarily obdurate and obstructionist, largely because of upstart, inexperienced members more intent on carving out public personas for themselves than acting in the interests of the country, yes Labor is returning to Tony Abbott the absolute negativity he dealt when Leader of the Opposition.

But all that, as though not bad enough, has been compounded by ridiculous stuff like the Prime Minister's parental leave scheme and, worse - because it invited and received total mockery - the whole Knights and Dames rubbish, culminating in such an award to a member of the Royal Family who himself would have been astonished by its receipt.

Although a swinging voter, I voted Labor out with a massive sense of relief. I'd hoped for restoration of business and general confidence, despite never having been particularly impressed by Mr Abbott when he was Health Minister.

As such a voter, I now feel absolutely let down and disappointed. Still wouldn't consider voting Labor back in, even in my wildest dreams, but I just feel left with a sense of 'there's nowhere to go'.
    Such a sense is reflected by all the people I talk to who also voted Liberal.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.