I don’t think you can lay this all at the feet of labour. Many...

1. 17,473 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 325
    I don’t think you can lay this all at the feet of labour. Many policies have lag effects and if I had time I could list a few. We are also not immune to external/global influences.

what neither governments have done well, in my view, is to think systemically or with long term goals. But then that is also partly a function of our political system.

I am staggered by the level of cruelty towards the unemployed, the unwillingness to tackle the underlying causes of housing shortages (and there are many), the disregard for families on whom our future actually depends and the ongoing subsidisation of sectors which don’t actually do anything for our economy otter then keep the lights on. We could achieve that more effectively if we had a bit of courage.

but this has been a long time coming. Now we see the emergence of those who will benefit from multigenerational wealth. The promise of a land of opportunity seems to be fading.

it breaks my heart to know that as an older generation we have probably had the best. My grandchildren may well experience something much tougher. But given that many making these decisions are beneficiaries of easier times and live privileged lives I wonder if they truly understand

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.