AMA 2.50% 3.9¢ ama group limited

I was under the impression that the industry was operating at...

1. 111 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 50
    I was under the impression that the industry was operating at capacity, with most shops large and small understaffed even at the current rate of sales. If that is still the case, where does Suncorp find the capacity to absorb the business AMA is now handling for them (and making zero money doing so)?

The point is, AMA paid Suncorp $400 MILLION for what should have been a great joint venture between the two companies. Instead, Suncorp somehow got out of that contract, during the hight of the COVID panic, and AMA's shareholders were not told of the massive implications of that for an outrageously long time. I'm pretty sure that is fraud, which is illegal, and a breach of fiduciary, by not only AMA, but by Suncorp as a JV partner. I'm not a lawyer but I think AMA has a right to sue Suncorp for the entire $400 million or to have the original contract reinstated.

But forgetting that for now, this idiotic PCM (predictive cost method) pricing has to go, everything should be line by line. The companies in this business in the US and Canada look at Australia collision repair and shake their heads wondering how on earth they would ever have agreed to PCM pricing.

AMA needs to be a pricing leader, as their market share allows, and rid the industry of that absurd PCM model. It should all be done line-by-line like the heavy division does.

Russ, you're in the busienss, wouldn't you agree?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AMA (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
3.9¢
Change
-0.001(2.50%)
Mkt cap ! $70.45M
Open High Low Value Volume
4.0¢ 4.0¢ 3.8¢ $85.70K 2.190M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 970099 3.9¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
4.0¢ 375895 5
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 18/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AMA (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.