IVZ 1.72% 5.9¢ invictus energy ltd

As of the fireside chat on March 25 2024, I don't think there...

1. 34 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 72
    As of the fireside chat on March 25 2024, I don't think there were any outstanding legislative requirements for the PPSA. That might have changed in the interim but I doubt it. The PPSA discussion begins at 1:00:53 and lasts about 8 minutes. I recommend anyone interested in this discussion to go back and listen to that portion of the interview (link at end of post). Also, in a previous interview Scott said that the necessary legislation was included as part of the finance bill (sorry I don't remember where it was said but I'm sure others will remember this) which I believe has long since passed.

An excerpt from the recent fireside chat is below that I think is particularly relevant, especially the part in bold. At timestamp 1:05:49, Scott says the following regarding the PPSA:

"And now it's a matter of finalizing it and tidying it up to put in place. And so that's all been done and it's really just now the principals in the senior acts of government getting comfortable with the structure of it, what it means, how it works, so that when they stand up in parliament in the future and they get questioned by their MPs, where they can stand behind it and say 'This is a fair agreement, it's been independently reviewed, these terms are commensurate with our regional neighbors like Namibia or South Africa or elsewhere and we've got a good deal for the country. It's fair, it's a good deal for the investors and this provides a framework where this development is going to be shared and insures that everyone over a long period of time, you know these developments often run for decades, is happy and it's stable and there's going to be no changes.' Because I think the worst thing that happens is when you have an unfair agreement and then one side goes in feeling they have been prejudiced and then it does tend to get very ugly. In taking those steps and putting it in place it needs to be done according to the legislative requirements so that in future it does stand up to scrutiny."

Part of what's happened now is also with the constitution of the sovereign wealth fund of Zimbabwe, or how it's now known the Mutupa Investment Fund, they are going to be allocated the equity share for government. And then also the split of the product or profit that will come in so that's preserved for future generations.So they have now had to become involved because they are going to be acting on government's behalf. So that's taken a little bit more time because that board was only constituted post the election and the CEO only appointed very recently. So we're getting them up to speed. But they have now got the authority to conclude the agreement. So that's being worked on, it's in progress, and it's going to be done in the very near term."

Scott's statement that the sovereign wealth fund has the authority to conclude the agreement indicates to me that nothing else is outstanding from a legislative standpoint.

Link to Fireside Chat: https://youtu.be/UXsAI5aetfE?si=BGiJ0P2gzvSTnVCr&t=3949

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add IVZ (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
5.9¢
Change
0.001(1.72%)
Mkt cap ! $83.65M
Open High Low Value Volume
5.9¢ 6.0¢ 5.8¢ $56.73K 963.7K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 56750 5.9¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
6.0¢ 631395 6
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 07/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
6.0¢
  Change
0.001 ( 1.69 %)
Open High Low Volume
5.9¢ 6.0¢ 5.8¢ 998143
Last updated 15.58pm 07/06/2024 ?
IVZ (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.