AVB 0.00% 16.5¢ avanco resources limited

Well the major holders took the offer and therefore, time to put...

1. 599 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 737
    Well the major holders took the offer and therefore, time to put the cue in the rack and follow suit. Like most, a bittersweet moment but more than thankful that while AVB didn't reach it's full potential, I now get the opportunity to see the fantastic assets develop fully in the hands of a very capable team of operators at Oz Minerals. Have seen many a spec share fall over so am grateful that this one (almost) delivered on its potential.

Have spent the past few weeks talking to some trusted voices about Oz Minerals and the management team in particular. One of Andrew Cole's execs I know from a previous life so I know they hire quality people that know what they are doing I actually feel lucky to be about to become an investor in an outstanding copper gold company and truth be told, I would be surprised if I'm not seeing my second takeover offer in front of me in the next 12-18 months. Time will tell. What I have no doubt about, is that an investment in copper, whether Oz, an appropriate speccie, Copper ETF or a mix, should see punters do well. There is enough mainstream information out there let alone the hard data behind the scenes to tell you copper is going to smash it.

It goes without saying that I too join those thanking Kalenn for his insight, trust, knowledge and just straight out hard work that benefited so many here - me included.

More importantly, as so well put by Guspoyet, many of us long term holders have now become close friends, done business together and helped prop up the profits of several wine makers, brewers and pub chains ten times over so we have contributed to the economy big time too.

Those relationships are hard to break and naturally, a few of us are now already sharing insights and research on other speccies (although in my case, not to the extent that I was invested in AVB). Again, thanks to excellent intel and research from my good mate Kalenn, I was lucky to get in early with MYL.

I want to leave people here in no doubt that many individuals did all they could off their own bat to lobby anyone that would listen, no matter where they were located in the world - to stump up a better offer. It didn't eventuate but not through a lack of effort and level of detail. I take my hat off to those that put in the hard yards on behalf of all of us here.

So on July 2, by express post, one journey ends and a new chapter under Oz Mineral's guidance begins. For some on here, our investing plan will see our relationship and friendship continue. No matter whether friend or friendly foe, I sincerely wish all the very best with their punting or investing.

Good luck - we are all here to try and make a $ at the end of the day.

Position - 'held' till July 2.
    Last edited by damosid88: 13/06/18

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVB (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.