SYA 2.70% 3.6¢ sayona mining limited

Ann: Becoming a substantial holder, page-72

1. 843 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 188
    I've been thinking about the lithium price crash and how coincidental that the SC6 price came all the way down to ~$900/t before turning, which is of course the same as the much talked about PLL offtake ceiling.

i often wondered if PLL, whilst busy spruiking their great deal to everyone who'd listen, were inadvertently acting as price makers. Like as if other industry players were saying if that's all they're paying that's all we want to pay.

But then there's announcements like this one that remind you of who our major shareholders and traders are, and it's the very people who predicted the decline in the first place. Strange how SC6 spot slid right down to the PLL ceiling price before turning. Strange how the lithium bears were waiting there to play swap cards.

i've no doubt that the bankers are experts in finance and business, but how can they pluck a number out of the air and say that's what people will pay in the future, even if it's below cost for most industry participants? Obvious BS.

So why do people believe investment bankers when they predict future commodity prices? Is it that they are blind to manipulation or is it that they are fully aware but resigned to the likelihood that the bankers will get their way?

And in the broader philosophy of the energy transition, supposedly putting the planet before economics, why is it that the money men are still in control?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SYA (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
3.6¢
Change
-0.001(2.70%)
Mkt cap ! $370.5M
Open High Low Value Volume
3.7¢ 3.8¢ 3.6¢ $827.3K 22.47M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
49 7146787 3.6¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
3.7¢ 1722440 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 14/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
3.7¢
  Change
-0.001 ( 1.60 %)
Open High Low Volume
3.7¢ 3.8¢ 3.7¢ 11169403
Last updated 15.57pm 14/06/2024 ?
SYA (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.