CVN 2.63% 18.5¢ carnarvon energy limited

“As well they believe they have multiple levers to increase the...

1. 6,496 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1889
    “As well they believe they have multiple levers to increase the SP.”

It would be good if they could outline what it is, but they won’t. It’s pretty obvious they just want to flog the assets. It is telling how people here that are frustrated are just focused on the share price.

There is virtually no discussion about their business strategy, how well AC has done to take the company this close to FID where the company will likely be in a position to fund its share of costs.

Only a handful of people it seems appreciate how AC bailing us out of those awful Thai assets was such a good decision and the work done to convince larger companies to farm in, fund CVN’s share of exploration costs, then drill more to prove up the assets and strike deals to fund CVN’s share of costs. Don’t forget there was also two years of Covid where the price of oil went to zero and set the timelines for many companies back by years.

Now people are just having a whinge about the share price but there is no discussion on any aspects of the company’s strategy.

Sure, corporate costs have gone up recently but you need a bigger team to create and implement those deals. Those those deals don’t get done with a handshake and a signature on the back of a napkin. There is a lot of negotiation and due diligence involved. I wouldn’t say the ship has been run like a Scrooge, but I also wouldn’t suggest CVN has been spending like a drunken sailor either.

Of course the current SP of CVN is disappointing but so is many other O&G company in the current climate. In that context I’m patient to let AC turn CVN into a producer and reap my rewards then. Yes, the delays from STO is not ideal but investors should all know that is a risk with all junior O&G companies.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CVN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
18.5¢
Change
-0.005(2.63%)
Mkt cap ! $330.6M
Open High Low Value Volume
18.5¢ 19.0¢ 18.5¢ $683.0K 3.642M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
24 1534815 18.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
19.0¢ 338152 6
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 03/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
18.8¢
  Change
-0.005 ( 0.05 %)
Open High Low Volume
18.8¢ 19.0¢ 18.5¢ 2404632
Last updated 15.59pm 03/05/2024 ?
CVN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.