NEU 0.16% $19.06 neuren pharmaceuticals limited

I can see how people going off the drug might panic investors. I...

1. 484 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 83
    I can see how people going off the drug might panic investors. I can't give all the reasons that people stop taking it, but I can speak of my own experience taking a drug for a life-threatening auto-immune condition. Many people take this same drug as I did (methotrexate) for years or their entire life, but after 2 years on it, I began to sink into a depression and had thoughts I didn't want to have about leaving this world. So I went off it and the depression lifted, but the disease came back. My doctors put me on another drug. I also learned that a small percentage of long time users of methotrexate have severe depression as a side effect. No one had told me this when I started taking it. Although the new drug has a long list of potential side effects, I am tolerating it well and in 3 months the inflammation had disappeared. I will be on it for life or until it stops working for me.

So one very possible reason that some drop off is that of individual tolerance - what some or most handle well is too difficult for others as not everyone has the same side effects. To condemn the drug as a failure on this basis of some people going off it would be wrong thinking. Daybue is a new drug that has a lot of potential users yet to try it, and undoubtedly some of those will go off it due to side effects. It doesn't mean that the drug does not work or it will not be profitable for Neuren and Acadia (and we who have invested). It is also one of very few drugs for Rett Syndrome, so that benefit and potential future uptake more than outweighs the drop-off rate.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NEU (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$19.06
Change
-0.030(0.16%)
Mkt cap ! $2.433B
Open High Low Value Volume
$19.08 $19.42 $18.54 $4.293M 224.4K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 4002 $19.04

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$19.11 448 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 13/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$19.10
  Change
-0.030 ( 0.36 %)
Open High Low Volume
$19.13 $19.41 $18.95 87429
Last updated 15.59pm 13/05/2024 ?
NEU (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.