ARU 0.00% 19.0¢ arafura rare earths ltd

"It is no longer just a REE project, it has been politized, it...

1. 412 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 201
    "It is no longer just a REE project, it has been politized, it is about national security, job and economies.. As the prime minister said to ensure Australia become a critical mineral super power."

I agree, but all Western REE projects are defined as political plays. Unless Western tariffs are imposed on China in this sector many REE hopefuls will simply not make it. During the last boom in 2011, only Lynas and to some degree, MP rose from the ashes to become producers. My point is Albo didn't quite empty the wallet to the tune ARU needs. He did shoot the political starting gun, perhaps Friday's unexpected drop was a CCP knee-jerk reaction? We all know the games being played by the Chinese with publicly listed REE payers in addition to their industry monopoly. My ultimate concern with ARU in the short term isn't tied to the price at which Nolans is profitable but rather the "political position ARU are now in and the respective knife China will drive into ARUs back because of Albo." Gina will capitalise on this geopolitical chess game IMO. Concerning job creation meh, and it's not about Australian national security but primarily American national security, and secondary to the West in general. Australia just wants to capitalise on being a leader in the sector, like we are for Iron ore and Lithium. I'll defer to the recent 60-minute story as to why the "national security interests are primarily American." ILU stock became a target after the 60 mins doc. Will this happen to ARU? I don't know but it's likely... To quote the former Chinese President Deng Xiaoping "The middle east has its oil, China has rare earths." I expect them to fight to keep that title for as long as they can. ARU will survive and become a producer, but the question for me is whether will it remain a public entity or a private entity. Next week will be telling on that front IMO.
    Last edited by TheAlpha1: 17/03/24

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ARU (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
19.0¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $438.9M
Open High Low Value Volume
18.5¢ 19.0¢ 18.5¢ $284.2K 1.523M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
96 2173046 18.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
19.0¢ 2286296 19
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 10/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
18.5¢
  Change
0.000 ( 0.96 %)
Open High Low Volume
18.8¢ 18.8¢ 18.5¢ 1575479
Last updated 15.59pm 10/05/2024 ?
ARU (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.