1MC 33.3% 0.2¢ morella corporation limited

I've seen this twice before with different companies.Share price...

1. 330 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 76
    I've seen this twice before with different companies.Share price is driven by perception (particularly in the short term) rather than fundamentals, so the consolidation will initially value the (25x consolidated) revised shares at $0.05 (based on today's closing) and then the market will revalue to the perceptual pricing of (around) $0.003 - $0.002 within weeks (if not days).
    A little more focus on the progress of the business instead of the share price would be another way to increase the share price, but what can we expect when the senior management are not rewarded on actual progress but on perceptual progress via the share price.Of course they want to revalue. Better chance of hitting some hurdle rate if we start from a higher starting point. I have 1MC shares in both my Super and in my personal portfolio. Why??Because the cost of getting rid of them outweighs the mental cost of just dropping them into the bottom drawer until the company finally collapses and they become (actually) worthless versus the general perception of being worthless.
    There are a number of companies (resource companies especially) on the ASX managed by in-situ-retirees receiving a salary package for achieving very little, if anything, and protected by boards of which they are often members, and often the most dominant. But then occasionally the economic situation changes and they need a boost, so they vote themselves an increased salary package or bonus scheme and take action to meet the hurdles required (a'la this little gem). I have actually seen one case where the bonus scheme was predicated on meeting targets that had already been met. Free money. Who wouldn't want that.
    It's time we realized that the 'Shareholder Value' driven management salary packages have done nothing but harm to both shareholders and to businesses themselves. Bonuses based on share price and voted by boards for themselves and their senior management (who often have majority share holdings) drive short-term thinking and tactical decision making rather than strategy and forward momentum.
    Do we (any of us old enough) remember the days of businesses actually building communities and contributing to community welfare. With the advent of the Fringe Benefits Tax (FBT) and Shareholder Value driven business we are living in a world of 'fly-in/fly-out' and quick-in/quick-out management where once any share price large positive movements are replaced by stabilized pricing the CEO moves on to the next opportunity and we have to find another CEO (at great recruiting expense to the management - read shareholders) to carry us on.
    I have no issue with paying qualified CEOs (and senior management) well. Pay them for achieving concrete goals (including monetary bonuses or even retention bonuses) and I also don't have a problem with them buying shares from salary sacrifice.
    But please can we find a way to get off the short-term round-about of management share bonuses and share price driven goal setting.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add 1MC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.2¢
Change
-0.001(33.3%)
Mkt cap ! $12.35M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.3¢ 0.3¢ 0.2¢ $7.909K 2.709M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
163 211328925 0.2¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.3¢ 39385640 103
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 27/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
0.3¢
  Change
-0.001 ( 0.00 %)
Open High Low Volume
0.3¢ 0.3¢ 0.3¢ 3252364
Last updated 15.06pm 27/05/2024 ?
1MC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.