HLX 0.00% 0.4¢ helix resources limited

Good update from the Chief. A couple of things...‘Metals...

1. 5,536 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 153
    Good update from the Chief. A couple of things...
    ‘Metals acquisition Corp I think are upgrading the milling circuit at CSA potentially having latent capacity, while it maybe possible to fill some of this gap organically for them opening other stoping areas at CSA potential bottlenecks for them could be hoisting capacity, cycle times, ore hardness from very deep ores and no contingency ore sources should hoisting or mine development be impacted. With the core at Canbelego looking very similar and potentially having a similar metallurgy subject to testing, probably a less hard ore, being from surface and potentially having a higher exploitation rate ie open pittable initially subject to studies it would be a very good insurance for CSA to have multiple ore source options. Helix would obviously be on the radar for them.
    When looking at Aeris they have been mining 1.1% copper from over 1km deep at Tritton to fill the mill and also have latent capacity, yes they are bringing on new ore sources but will it be enough to continually fill the mill to nameplate.
    Mining operations have large fixed costs, if when latent capacity in milling/processing can be filled it generally has a disproportionally large drop in AISC as much of this cost can’t be trimmed and the extra ore is generally very profitable. Aeris is potentially in the box seat already having a JV with Helix but the number crunchers at MAC will also be looking at the developing scenarios because Helix is so close to the CSA. Nothing I have said is advice in any way , just pure speculation, like others I am no expert. The one thing you can guarantee is that people with more skills and knowledge than posters on this thread will be looking at the value proposition. If Aeris sit on their hands MAC could make a move, if MAC sits on their hands Aeris could make a move and with Aurelia currently being priced just above asset replacement cost others maybe looking at the area for acquisitions. None of the scenarios may ever play out and a bidding war for ore could break out any time. With the current thirst for copper assets really heating up the share price looks very cheap. All IMO and DYOR.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add HLX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.4¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $8.131M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.4¢ 0.4¢ 0.4¢ $42.26K 10.61M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
59 96426954 0.3¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.4¢ 150002 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.44pm 03/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
0.4¢
  Change
0.000 ( 0.00 %)
Open High Low Volume
0.4¢ 0.4¢ 0.4¢ 3548246
Last updated 13.47pm 03/05/2024 ?
HLX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.