NST 1.65% $14.33 northern star resources ltd

I attended the webcast.. I didn't take notes so below represents...

1. 180 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 21
    I attended the webcast.. I didn't take notes so below represents the vibe of what I've absorbed after a glass of wine and a good night's sleep, rather than what was actually said. If you have any concerns, please listen for yourself
    - The measures taken are to mitigate the risk of mine closure due to COVID-19
    - The reduced guidance reflects the reduction in productivity as a result of the measures taken to reduce the risk of COVID-19 transmission
    - Productivity reductions had the highest impact early in the transition to new processes
    - If they do close the mine, they intend to continue paying their staff
    - They will conserve cash by avoiding any unnecessary spending, including exploration
    - They have no idea how long a shutdown might last so want to build up their balance sheet as much as possible
    - If there is a crisis then getting access to additional cash will be difficult. Getting access now gives them access to much more favourable terms
    - Not concerned about downstream supply chain (sales) as their gold goes to Perth Mint
    - They refused to answer the question (twice) regarding what the monthly unavoidable cost would be if the mines had to close. I'm not sure whether they didn't know or didn't want to disclose. This was the question that made them most uncomfortable. Obviously, we all wanted to know how long NST could remain viable should the worst happen
    - There wasn't time for everybody to ask questions. When registering, you had to supply your organisation's name and when asking a question you had to electronically raise your hand. I suspect that they cherry picked questions from investment bankers The question that I was waiting for someone to ask was: Is maintaining such a strong balance also a means of gaining an upper hand in any M&A activity during a potential crisis, particularly to acquire fire sale assets from other miners who have not been so prudent with their risk management?
    - Sadly, nobody asked the above question, so I was left wondering but I suspect that is also a part of their undisclosed plan

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NST (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$14.33
Change
-0.240(1.65%)
Mkt cap ! $16.47B
Open High Low Value Volume
$14.58 $14.69 $14.32 $54.59M 3.795M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 667 $14.33

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$14.35 10216 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 03/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$14.33
  Change
-0.240 ( 2.12 %)
Open High Low Volume
$14.62 $14.62 $14.33 564535
Last updated 15.59pm 03/05/2024 ?
NST (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.