FAR 0.00% 43.0¢ far limited

The management cleanout from this major clusterf*** is now...

1. 940 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 307
    The management cleanout from this major clusterf*** is now pretty much complete. I too am amazed at the time it has taken for CN to step down (or should I say now having been stood down). Whilst I suspect Nic Limb was probably the main driving force (and decision maker) within the Senegal FAR era, CN was the face of it and when all went belly up she should have stepped down immediately. Not having done so shows her inability to show or accept responsibility...something that is critical for any major level manager. In hindsight what has happened with CN probably could have been foreseen earlier when her preparedness to answer shareholders' questions in the last couple of years totally dried up...this in comparison to her desire to correspond with just about everyone and anyone when things were going well.
    The options now available to FAR are interesting, essentially liquidate or continue on as an explorer. I note many like the liquidate option. My view is different in that now we have some fresh people, I would like to see the company continue (assuming the new people believe there is value in the acreage FAR currently holds). FAR is again a very speculative company, but is in quite a unique position of having some good $$'s, no debt, lots of research under its belt, and some more money due in in a couple of years.
    I bought into FAR in 2005 and have added to that initial purchase on multiple occasions. My early purchases were always accepting that FAR was a speculative stock (in later purchases the vision became a little different, but here we are now, a lot more dollars invested and very little to show for them...grrrr!).
    With the losses that I would incur with a liquidation, and as I still enjoy holding the odd speculative stock, with new management at FAR I am prepared to sit back and see if FAR could finally pull some sort of a victory from the proverbial jaws of defeat. In saying this I believe it is critical for the current management to give a thorough rundown on the company's assets and whether in fact acreage such as The Gambia is truly a good prospect (and not just a desperate "wish"). Comebacks can be possible, if not always probable...in FAR's case they do have some building blocks, whether there is enough I guess it is now up to the new management to advise.

dodds

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FAR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
43.0¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $39.73M
Open High Low Value Volume
43.0¢ 43.0¢ 42.5¢ $47.27K 110.8K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 86384 42.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
43.0¢ 22150 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 26/04/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
42.5¢
  Change
0.000 ( 0.00 %)
Open High Low Volume
43.0¢ 43.0¢ 42.5¢ 5374
Last updated 13.04pm 26/04/2024 ?
FAR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.