SHJ 0.00% 67.0¢ shine justice ltd

Don't know how you can say this. Both companies operated...

1. 4,226 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 348
    Don't know how you can say this. Both companies operated essentially the same business model in the same industry - Sure Slater made a major stuff up whereas SHJ has had a recent major hiccup which won't be fatal.

Both companies accrue similiar assets namely - work in progress & expenses on behalf of class action matters - both auditied according to accounting principles and assessed to be recouped if and when an account is rendered.

PE acquired Slater as a going concern and continued to operate it in much the same way. What were they acquiring for their offfer price?
    Answer: the right to continue the actionable matters upon which the said WIP and expenses met are the most valuable assets. I haven't got my figures in front of me, but I do recollect when i was repurchasing SHJ when in the 50's that it was way, way less than the last audited value of the WIP/client expenses and that is my point.

Sure, SHJ has had its brand savaged, but it is still a going entity AND it has a broader legal base than S&G - so this counts for something.
    But to think a PE will pay anywhere near its BV of $1.57 is sheer lunacy. Alan Bond is dead and Santa Claus is a myth. PE's screw hard, that's s how they make their money.

I haven't sold yet because I think it is worth more than the current SP, but there is still smoke circling SHJ - notably the finance clauses and potential covenant default, further write downs and questions about the companies business model and conflicts between duties to clients and shareholders. Being a public ocmpany, the likes of Michael West Media will consrtantly scrutinise the legitimacy of any potential dividend payment.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SHJ (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
67.0¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $116.0M
Open High Low Value Volume
67.0¢ 67.0¢ 67.0¢ $156 233

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 433 67.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
70.0¢ 3300 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.36pm 23/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SHJ (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.