BML 12.0% 11.0¢ boab metals limited

its not generally a worthwhile use of time to worry about price...

1. 9,759 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3461
    its not generally a worthwhile use of time to worry about price shifts on super low liquidity stocks unless its on high relative volume - unless you think its in danger of a dilution spiral

overall id say BML to this point has demonstrated pretty good mgt sense of that risk.

most of the downramping is from trolls - anyone who only posts on one stock and is always negative is generally just showing spiteful psychology or doesnt understand trends

though there are some people who are just trying to help the inexperienced to avoid downtrends and understand technical trading - but their comments are generally warnings about technical issues like the trend line at 16c that broke- not rubbishing the company to explain the trend

people who conflate price with mgt delivery etc are generally just trying to spook weak hands to buy cheap shares or just nasty people. or dont understand markets

Bowdens (SVL) for eg is now a ~30year old project. Paris (IVR) I think is ~20. No one is marking these project values down or up based on not meeting flagged production timeframes etc

Mgt reputation is material - but when a bear trend is happening in metals reputation is more about how wealthy the principals are and whether theyve shown ability to find funding regardless of sectoir heat etc. It nots actually about project timelines until the overall market thinks a project/sector

OR - if its such a superior quality project that it demands to be built even during a bear. But thats like 1 project in 100.

there is a real issue for BML - which relates to what happens when you shrink your SoI liquidity but dont generate meaningful new cornerstone buyers beyond those already in place - because you lose the trader flows. ie there's not enough float to even allow day traders to move in and out of scalps safely

small float is fine if sector heat is strong - but when its not it can cause a stock to drop into near irrelevance to all market participants

ive seen this with some of my tsx-v professional peers - who listened to the broker bleatings for tiny floats during hot runs and run tight consolidations post raises during bull peaks - (spiv brokers always want sub 400M shares on issue) - but its really only of major merit for discovery stocks - ie where new drill results rapidly lift buyer demand - small floats generate bigger capital % growth

Most of us felt the 150M was too tight back when it was proposed. But if the bull had kept going we'd be singing a different tune.

(I for one thought PMs were likely to move higher in late 2021/early 02 - so Im not going to criticise mgt for positioning for a similar outcome. A consol was a good idea. I just felt 150M was too too tight in any event, for a non drill bit driven project.)

aside from that - most of the comments im reading are just noise.

BML's Sorby Hills is a well conceived, well advanced project. But it's merit/free cashflow margins primarily rely on confidence around higher silver and slightly higher lead price to offer a return attractive enough to outweigh the high risk of capital that all mining projects bring

But while its real world margins rely on lead significantly - Ive never seen the market price it for the lead nor the combined lead/silver metal value, more advanced project state, superior sovereign risk or other facets.

But again - the longer the base the higher in space. ie it wouldnt take much and all these downramping and back and forths will be forgotten.

And yes - it could be 2 years as one poster said

But I think its likely to be much less. Even if it remains beta stock and mgt cant find those cornerstone sources to look through the market to the superior value opportunity it represents

As I said all the way back in 2020 - its a more complex story than its peers. That takes more skill, effort and time to communicate in a way that motivates enough investors.

and even if you do all that - sometimes the market punishes a sector so hard it makes only a moderate difference

dont forget - SVL with Bowdens already at DFS stage was priced at around 5c back in 2016 if i recall correctly. Something like that anyway

In any bear market over ~5 years nearly all project values approach single digit $Ms.

This has been close to that for the non market leader/smaller scale projects in silver and gold. Whereas money has largely held the biggest silver projects in reasonable nick

but even medium sized gold producers have had a terrible time of it for the most part.

But that just means better upside - so long as one can stay liquid

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BML (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
11.0¢
Change
-0.015(12.0%)
Mkt cap ! $20.18M
Open High Low Value Volume
12.5¢ 13.0¢ 11.0¢ $68.47K 556.3K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
5 200908 11.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
11.5¢ 21123 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 03/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
11.0¢
  Change
-0.015 ( 8.33 %)
Open High Low Volume
12.5¢ 12.5¢ 11.0¢ 132080
Last updated 15.50pm 03/05/2024 ?
BML (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.