SLX 0.00% $5.43 silex systems limited

I have to agree with you (SWP) that not bidding for the DoE...

1. zog
    2,895 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 849
    I have to agree with you (SWP) that not bidding for the DoE HALEU contract is probably a "pragmatic"or "prudent"decision. My reasons are:

1. Cameco (Grant Isaacs/Tim Gitzel) always stress the the need to be cautious in business and ensure that there is a "home" for investments. Silex has also learnt that same lesson from its 2011/12 "exploits" into data loggers and solar systems which is then had to rapidly extract itself in 2014/15 to support its primary business of "isotope separation". Recently Grant Isaacs has commented that the GLE project "morphed" from an enrichment project in 2008 to a 5mlbs/yr UF6 mine in 2014 - Cameco are still remaining with their rationale - no doubt they have "homes" for 5mlbs/yr of natural UF6.

2. We know that laser technology is the ONLY viable way to re-enrich depleted "tailings". The facts are that the 16 micron laser energy is absorbed ONLY by the 235UF6 and not by the 238UF6 or the remnant amount of 234UF6 (a nuclear fuel poison in the tails). The message is that as the 235UF6 assay increases (as in HALEU) the enrichment factor for laser enrichment goes down - the 16 micron laser beam is absorbed by the greater amount of 235UF6. MG has referred to this when talking about the 99.995% purity of Zero spin silicon (where they "strip" the product of 29Si). The unique feature of laser enrichment is that it "scavenges" out residual amounts of the "wanted"(for 235UF6) or unwanted (for 29Si) isotope. As this isotope assay increases the 16 micron laser light become more diluted and the enrichment factor drops. LIS is "ideal" for "tails" stripping, "good" for LEU (up to 4.85% 235UF6) and probably "satisfactory" for HALEU where it has competition from centrifuge - you have to play to your strengths.

3. Right now GLE is a start up and has to make choices mainly due to a need to ration it's skilled expertise but also risk capital. Many "start ups"suffer from "indigestion" and often fail from attempting too much rather then just focusing on it's main strengths and once this is achieved spreading out from there. This is one of my primary concerns and why I consider most of Moosey's suggestions (i.e UNF etc) as simply "pie in the sky" for the timebeing.

Hopefully now GLE has the NRC blessing to fill the TRL/6 prototype with UF6 we shall see some progress (and gain in confidence by both GLE and the DoE) thus allowing GLE to make a "credible" pitch for a slice of the US$2.72Bn LEU money. Clay Montgomery has previously speculated that Centrus needs GLE LEU as feedstock for its HALEU plant which requires 4.85% LEU - maybe Centrus and Cameco/GLE have even done an informal deal!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SLX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$5.43
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $1.285B
Open High Low Value Volume
0.0¢ 0.0¢ 0.0¢ $0 0

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 1527 $5.70

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$5.16 228 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 09.45am 03/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SLX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.