SLX 2.07% $5.43 silex systems limited

A comment from Clay Montgomery on GLE's wish to no bid for the...

1. zog
    2,895 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 849
    A comment from Clay Montgomery on GLE's wish to no bid for the DoE HALUE RfP

https://twitter.com/ClayDMontgomery/status/1772294769923821746

"A stunning announcement from GLE this morning says they will NOT be submitting a proposal for the DoE's Enrichment RFP! They're just going to stick with their original plan to recycle depleted UF6. Remember, they already have a contract with the DoE to recycle thousands of UF6 tanks, that will take 30 years to complete.

Oh, the
    fun of investing in opaque industries!

It's not quite April in Australia, yet. I checked.

https://clients3.weblink.com.au/pdf/SLX/02788259.pdf

Silex shares are trading
    up this morning. So, what the heck is going on? Here's what I'm thinking:

Could there be more technical delays with the lasers? Maybe, but to give no hint of that sets the officers up for not disclosing very material information and announcing the commissioning of new corporate headquarters and a new manufacturing facility (in Wilmington, NC), would be beyond the pale.

What are they going to manufacture in NC anyway? Must be Lasers!

A more plausible explanation for passing on the RFP comes from the LIS Technology start up, who just did an oversubscribed, $1.3 million seed funding round, led by "advanced nuclear technology investors", to fund the "rebirth" of another laser enrichment project.

Who are
    they and what exactly are they rebirthing? I don't know, but their focus on the "US origin" of their technology implies military, because utilities care so little about that they are buying UF6 from China.

I'm still not impressed that LIST could be a serious competitive threat to GLE and it's probably more important that more investors are still entering this sector, even if they are mysterious. The commercial fuel sector is the big piece of this pie.

https://x.com/LaserisTech/status/1772264207662071855?s=20

Maybe GLE has so much commercial support they don't need another DoE contract now. Maybe there is less risk to let another company supply the DoE's (Centrus) cascade. It does appear that GLE will get what they needed most, sooner rather than later, an actual ban on Rosatom imports.

I suspect the only reason the MOUs from utilities have stopped, is because they were asked to stop announcing them. It's uncouth to discuss fuel supply problems.

I'm staying long Silex.
    #uranium$SLX.AX$CCJ$LEU"

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SLX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$5.43
Change
0.110(2.07%)
Mkt cap ! $1.285B
Open High Low Value Volume
$5.33 $5.47 $5.25 $4.297M 795.5K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 15723 $5.41

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$5.44 1141 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 02/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$5.42
  Change
0.110 ( 2.43 %)
Open High Low Volume
$5.34 $5.47 $5.26 116522
Last updated 15.59pm 02/05/2024 ?
SLX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.