CHN 3.08% $1.17 chalice mining limited

"But doesn't that presuppose that the shorters have much better...

1. 1,691 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 169
    "But doesn't that presuppose that the shorters have much better contemporary data than is available to us the mug punters.How are they able to discern which companies have a high market cap , by which I assume you mean a market cap that is not justified by known fundamentals."

To even be asking these basic questions strongly suggests that you have no business managing your own money! As an introductory tip, I would say "compare the pair.". Compare Chalice with other $600 million projects, and assess the various pros and cons....which ones need the most to go right in order to build a money making business? How much money? Who has the highest probabilities of making it under different pricing scenarios? Who needs the most upfront capital? Which ones are 2 years from breaking ground, and which ones are 10? Evaluate the various metallurgical or environmental or infrastructural or local issues involved....assign probabilities and then lay your money down. (long or short.). If going through this process you notice "hey, this project only made any sense with pd prices that we've only seen for one year in earthly history,".... then maybe that's a red flag?

"Despite the gold rush Julimar is still pretty much the only horse in the race vis a vis this type of intrusion in the West Yilgarn craton."

well, so what? They don't hand out billion dollar prizes for mere scientific curiosities. It's worth something if it can be dug out at a profit...otherwise it's just the ground somewhere.

"I am betting/hoping..." (good on you for at least recognising that,) "...that somewhere along the way there will be at least one massive sulphide trap."

I hope so too. Discoveries are great.

"So, do the shorters know for certain that there is nothing more to be found?"

um, of course not, and I doubt that was ever their thesis. Further substantial discoveries might make the whole deposit a winner. But such a proposition is not worth billions or even half of one, again based on comparisons with other project valuations.
    Last edited by Father ted: 18/11/23

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CHN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.17
Change
0.035(3.08%)
Mkt cap ! $455.0M
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.14 $1.19 $1.12 $4.358M 3.759M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 32661 $1.17

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.18 22144 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 06/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$1.17
  Change
0.035 ( 3.81 %)
Open High Low Volume
$1.15 $1.19 $1.12 884414
Last updated 15.59pm 06/05/2024 ?
CHN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.