FFX 0.00% 20.0¢ firefinch limited

@Threadbull - I can see where you're coming from if we form a...

1. MM0
    232 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 389
    @Threadbull - I can see where you're coming from if we form a view that we've been misled for the past period of time and that things are much worse and more complicated than have been disclosed.

If that's the case then I agree, change brings risk. I'd still hold my view that status quo also perpetuates risk, but I can at least see how you'd come to your position.

If that's true, then we have a real problem where the only person we've been told that's been actively involved in addressing this in recent times, our MD, leaves in a week (noting it sounds like one of the more recent activities was meeting with a Mining Minister who has fallen out of favour and which African media have reported some allegations against, which I'll assume are untrue), after announcing his resignation 3 days after this letter came in, landing his new gig 6 days later and negotiating a shorter notice period to line that all up, all without shareholders being informed.

Meanwhile the remainder are the Board that seemingly got us into the mess, didn't tell us about it until their hand was forced (and in this scenario still haven't actually told us: like I said I have to form a hypothetical view here that things are more intertwined and caught up than we're being told), weren't able to produce the audit trail to the satisfaction of the Auditors, haven't kept up with ASX requirements, are burning through cash, and haven't confidently shared how they think we'll get out of the situation they've been leading us to believe wasn't one.

I'll definitely agree that I'd have liked to have heard more from the proposed Directors to feel confident about their capability and passion (which I feel are attributes that can make up for experience when leveraging good professionals as we are). Having been in a non-ASX Board role overseeing assets around the value of FFX, I feel experience isn't all it's cracked up to be when you've got talent, capability, drive etc. So I feel there were ways they could have put a stronger louder foot forward amongst all this to help inspire some on the fence.

But for me to be convinced to follow your lead I'd have to believe that we've been misled, get over that, and say well maybe they're the best people for the job and they'll start showing us that right now. But given performance to date, I'm not really clear on what their motivation is, and why that'll change if they survive the next meeting. For instance, do they have LLL shares trapped they're worried about and they're determined to do what it takes to make sure that gets resolved?

As you say coming at it from different angles, and I genuinely respect your take and the perspective you've shared.

Last edited by MM0: 23/08/23

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FFX (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.