BCN 3.45% 2.8¢ beacon minerals limited

Welcome to new shareholders, and some good well thought out...

1. 152 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 264
    Welcome to new shareholders, and some good well thought out views being expressed here from those who have been here for the long haul.

My 2 bobs worth is along Joedirts & Longtimers thinking re growth of BCN's immediate mining furure, and I've thrown in few other views that might be of interest to the new shareholders,,,,

i) Plant expansion is far cheaper than the Capital Cost for a new build.Transport offers lower cost and more flexibility options.
    ii) Graham & Geoff know the capacity of this plant better than anyone, and will be right on top of what needs to change, if and when different material comes into play, and when what needs mixing with what and from where and when - IMO few others do it better.
    iii) A while back everyone doubted BCN's LOM, and IMO we were a bit unlucky not to have had just a bit of luck with the drill to finding something better to just lift the grade a bit.But thats what mining all about and thankfully we had cash flow to cover it
    iv) Then when things started tightening up financially in the small cap area, and BCN having a better than expect cash flow, were able to take opportunities to buy known/expected grades rather than trying to find better grades with the drill - good timing and good management.
    v) The change to owning our own fleet to do what we want and need and when, verse contractors IMO has been a great win - again not an option for many far bigger operations that have never paid anywhere near the % franked divi we get.
    vi) If as new investors you have come here looking for the bullshit dreams of muti-baggers, your in the wrong spot. This is a well thought out, very steady as she goes outfit, that's grown beyond where the critics said it would get.- becos of a patient approach we now have a comfortable LOM, which is hard to achieve on shallow, low grades mining, which our management does so well, but unfortunately is not understood by shareholders who too often appear not to understand what their have investing in.....
    vii) TL is the wild card, and again we get that exploration funded from existing cash flow.
    viii) The way our directors not only looked to the future with TL, but became practically involved by giving onsite mine experience to the boys from TL, was an absolute master stroke in low cost future diversity in hopefully copper and gold - seen the copper price today?
    To finish with, my pet hates,and not with the company...
    i) BCN is run with minimal management by people with a lot of skin in the game - no waste on PR companies, no directors being on 10 other boards & drawing a $Mils in fees from non productive outfits... they concentrate on being profitable in the small mining sector. - SO DON'T WASTE THEIR TIME and YOUR or MY INVESTMENT MONEY on telling or asking them what they should or should not be doing - if you don't like the way they do things, look for what your think is a better run outfit and let BCN directors make profits for the rest of us!
    ii) Have a look in the small cap mining sector, and see what sort of companies issues bullshit ANNs every 5 mins and are has yet to roll one bar of gold...but are for ever rattling the can for more money, some even after they are producing!!!!
    iii) Mining is a risky business. Chasing volumes and grades is difficult enough, but mineral/metal prices are influenced by far more issues outside the mine site than inside it, and there's often not a lot any management can do, other than be as risk proof as possible and maintain liquidity.
    iv) Yes, I would like to see the share price higher, but volume is what drives that, and not many small caps get much volume, becos at this level its mainly feed by small retail sector like you and me. HOWEVER, since the earlier times, we are know basically debt free, have a far better LOM and a lot of potential to expand on land already acquired, but not yet producing - people seem to forget this? Regardless of whether it's mining or whatever, the potential of any asset, no matter how good or bad, is never included in financial cash statements,such as how many quarters of funding is left in a company as per ASX requirements . Unfortunately potential need patience to became a real asset...then it gets rewarded. Until that time the share price will reflect operational outcomes only, not yet potential.... The unexplored ground in Timor could be a different story.

Sorry I might have been a bit bunt, but length of life is getting rapidly shorter for me, and I'm a firm believer that its the responsibility of the shareholder to do their research,and the responsibility of the company to run the mine. Forums like this are great places for all shareholders to learn, and I thank those that I continue to learn from.
    Good health and good fortune to all.RC.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BCN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
2.8¢
Change
-0.001(3.45%)
Mkt cap ! $105.1M
Open High Low Value Volume
2.8¢ 2.9¢ 2.8¢ $32.03K 1.128M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 182912 2.8¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
2.9¢ 2543090 11
View Market Depth
Last trade - 14.46pm 23/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
2.9¢
  Change
-0.001 ( 1.79 %)
Open High Low Volume
2.9¢ 2.9¢ 2.9¢ 51730
Last updated 10.42am 23/05/2024 ?
BCN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.