IMC 1.01% 10.0¢ immuron limited

So am I Pixie and if it continues on its current trajectory then...

1. 1,709 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2
    So am I Pixie and if it continues on its current trajectory then it won't be a small company for much longer.

It was great to read the really positive commentary from both our CEO and the Doctor who is the Shigella Vaccine Task Area Leader at WRAIR.

'Just as our collaboration with the NIH highlights the strong potential of IMM-124E in the area of fatty liver diseases, this collaboration highlights the strengths of Immuron's anti-infective platform. Only after conducting thorough due diligence, did WRAIR select Immuron to move forward.'

'There are currently no approved vaccines to combat this deadly disease. This partnership will allow us to develop an effective next generation anti-infective at little or no cost to Immuron and bring this to the market as a prescription to generate additional revenues for our investors.'

'Diarrheal diseases caused by ETEC, Shigella and Campylobacter are ranked number two in the 2015 Global Rank list of Infectious Disease Threats for the US military.'

'This partnership will potentially provide an additional tool to protect deployed forces and travellers to global areas where these pathogens are a major threat.'

Then we have the following from a website about Shigella that highlights the massive opportunities for IMC both within the US and worldwide. Today's announcement highlighted the size of the global market, but the information I have posted below gives us stats about the US market as well, a market that is much bigger than I thought it would be.

http://www.about-shigella.com/

The global burden of shigellosis has been estimated at 165 million cases per year, of which 163 million are in developing countries. More than one million deaths occur in the developing world yearly due to Shigella infection. By one estimate, Shigella infections are responsible for 300,000 illnesses and 600 deaths per year in the United States. By another estimate, each year 450,000 Americans are infected with Shigella, causing 6,200 hospitalizations and 70 deaths.

Shigella is easily spread person-to-person because of its relatively tiny (compared to other bacteria) infectious dose. Infection can occur after ingestion of fewer than 100 bacteria. Another reason Shigella so easily cause infection is because the bacteria thrive in the human intestine and are commonly spread both by person-to-person contact and through the contamination of food.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add IMC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
10.0¢
Change
0.001(1.01%)
Mkt cap ! $22.8M
Open High Low Value Volume
9.9¢ 10.0¢ 9.9¢ $21.40K 214.1K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 10653 10.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
10.5¢ 207757 9
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 03/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
10.0¢
  Change
0.001 ( 1.01 %)
Open High Low Volume
10.0¢ 10.0¢ 9.9¢ 53043
Last updated 12.15pm 03/05/2024 ?
IMC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.