IMU 3.28% 5.9¢ imugene limited

@mumsthewordThere is one huge ethical dilemma for that ‘science’...

1. 1,369 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 649
    @mumstheword

There is one huge ethical dilemma for that ‘science’ to be ever looked at. Doctors take a hippocratic oath, to act only within ethical boundaries more or less, and mostly to uphold the sanctity of life. Scientists linked only to the medical field by way of research and scientific advancement are not as such tied to the Hippocratic oath, however they would bear a professional ethical duty to their science to act in appropriate ways in a similar manner. All human life is considered precious according to this ethos, regardless of whether we as a society don’t value someone’s life equally if that person has forfeited that right according to the standards we hold, either as a collective, or indeed as an individual according to our own moral compass.

Therefore, to venture down that path, it probably and ethically would be looked upon as treating those on ‘death row’ as lab rats, regardless of the fact the patient wishes to do so in order to aid science, whether to alleviate themselves of some guilt they may feel, or to merely prolong their own life in a vain last ditch hope that they may somehow avoid ‘death row’.

The saying ‘slippery slope’ springs to mind. I am sure though it is something many out there would think about and ponder the benefits. I don’t hold the ability to weigh the moral ins and outs of this one. I see Dr Frankenstein tapping his head in amazement and delight right now. wink.png

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add IMU (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
5.9¢
Change
-0.002(3.28%)
Mkt cap ! $431.8M
Open High Low Value Volume
6.2¢ 6.4¢ 5.9¢ $919.2K 15.26M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 899777 5.9¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
6.0¢ 110472 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 06/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
5.9¢
  Change
-0.002 ( 4.53 %)
Open High Low Volume
6.2¢ 6.4¢ 5.9¢ 5930301
Last updated 15.58pm 06/06/2024 ?
IMU (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.