4WD 0.00% 34.5¢ automotive solutions group ltd

Ann: Letter to Shareholders, page-16

1. 1,163 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 50
    Hmm, this one is a long while ago. From memory they overpaid for several of the businesses in the roll-up. I was given the impression by a broker after the fact that they might have been mislead as to the value of a couple of the businesses. But I really don't know whether the fault lay with the directors (and their lack of due diligence) or whether there was something more nefarious going on. To be honest, when I checked it out originally I thought they were paying top dollar for a couple of the entities and I was silly enough to take part anyway (having seen a couple of roll-ups work very well in other industries). That was my bad.

I have a feeling the directors were willing to pay whatever they needed to just to get the roll-up done when a couple of the individual businesses were actually in industries that were going backwards anyway. So I feel there was a lack of quality in some of the underlying assets from the get go. Not sure that there is much to learn from this but to do your due diligence - which you are doing, so well done! I haven't looked at RPM (and have interests elsewhere, so won't be) so can't comment at all on it.

All the best.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add 4WD (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.