WGX 2.73% $2.14 westgold resources limited.

Hi Spec,Not sure if your trying to infer I am being misleading...

1. 3,419 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1420

Hi Spec,

Not sure if your trying to infer I am being misleading or not transparent with this comment,

“(though you also provide only a viewpoint that you support by showing only those two graphs)”

Those are the 2 graphs provided by WGX in their presentation, there very clear, increasing gold price and AISC and margin compression over 12 months … we could argue all day on what was possible, what could of happened, what the numbers could of been … but like it or not they are the numbers for the last 12 months. I would assume with the large gold price jump next qtr will reverse the AISC trend.

The problem with investors is when a company makes money for them they stop thinking … Westgold never made money for about 6 years, it’s only since the hedge was finished and the gold price has risen they began to be profitable … ie they still have the same average mines and old infrastructure.

Staying with profitability, Westgold has been mining a lot less than they are milling, with the stockpile ore being fed at no cash cost, have you ever considered as the better grade stockpiles deplete, the cost of mining a couple hundred thousand more tonnes per quarter ?

Coming from a mining background I suggest you rethink your current heavy spend to provide a 8 year mine life … one look at the Great Fingall cross section would suggest something closer to 2 years than 2 qtrs.

I don’t like Wayne’s salesmanship ( to me ) style … typically these people overpromise and under deliver, exactly what he has done this year on production and costs.

I know you can’t see nothing wrong, but you and others never did at Red River Resources either, so maybe I am just talking to myself again.

Anyway best of luck.

Last edited by wassa: 25/04/24

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WGX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$2.14
Change
-0.060(2.73%)
Mkt cap ! $1.013B
Open High Low Value Volume
$2.17 $2.17 $2.08 $10.20M 4.827M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 14423 $2.13

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$2.14 26577 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 03/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$2.14
  Change
-0.060 ( 2.28 %)
Open High Low Volume
$2.16 $2.16 $2.08 1033249
Last updated 15.59pm 03/05/2024 ?
WGX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.