MHK 0.00% 6.0¢ metal hawk limited.

From the adjacent Blair nickel mine MinDat...

1. 1,167 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 134
    From the adjacent Blair nickel mine MinDat page:

https://www.mindat.org/loc-271773.html

The deposit was discovered in the late 1960's during the nickel boom. Western Mining Corporation began production in 1989, and continued with periodic halts until low nickel prices forced the mine's closure in 2008. From 2003 to 2008, Australian Mines Limited operated the mine. Ore was processed in Kambalda.

At the time of writing is was a small abandoned stepped open pit, with underground decline at its base. The mine produced 1.26 Mt of nickel ore at 2.62% Ni for 32 900 tonnes of contained nickel. Estimated resources left is 222 710 tonnes of Ni sulphide ore at 2.92% Ni. The deposit was mined to a 1060 metre depth, and mineralisation is open at depth.

Australian Mines Limited re-opened the mine after favourably evaluating the Area 57 deposit, located 200 metres into the Hanging Wall of the Blair Nickel Mine, and only 300 metres from the surface. Area 57 was originally discovered by Western Mining Corporation in 1991, but they never mined it. The name comes from the discovery hole BLD57.

There are several identified nickel prospects covering a large north-west to south-east trending area from north of Blair to the Carnilya Nickel Mine near Lake Lefroy in the south. These include Marshall, Anomaly 11, Anomaly 14, Anomaly 20 SW, Blair South, Mick's Hill, Skidman, Wren, Location 7, Dunlop and Goodyear. Pioneer Resources has explored the area for nickel from 2007.

Considering the length of the mining period and the number of prospects, there is a lack of geology information about the area, and even the mine in the public sphere. Pioneer has compared the area (maybe conveniently) to the rich Kambalda style of nickel deposits. Nickel sulphides accumulate at the basal contact of turbulent lava channels, as thin ribbon like lenses of Ni sulphide mineralisation.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MHK (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
6.0¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $6.04M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.0¢ 0.0¢ 0.0¢ $0 0

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 258888 5.8¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
6.5¢ 10000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.12pm 03/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MHK (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.