SSN 0.00% 1.5¢ samson oil & gas limited

As everyone else, I'm wondering if the Nitrogen cap will...

1. buc
    7,875 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 11
    As everyone else, I'm wondering if the Nitrogen cap will eventually amount to anything significant.

Posted: Tuesday, June 17, 2014 10:42 am

On Monday, Samson Oil & Gas announced that the Bluff #1-11 well has reached a total depth of 8,900 feet after intersecting pre-Cambrian basement.

Prior to reaching total depth, significant mud losses were observed (150 bbls) at 8,836 feet, which necessitated a trip out to the casing shoe, while the lost mud volume was replaced. On tripping back into the hole at 8,400 feet, the well kicked and was shut in at the surface utilizing the blowout preventer. 1,620 psi was recorded on the annulus at this point, increasing to 2,080 psi with a 9.3 lbs per gallon mud weight recorded.

Loss circulation material was circulated and primary well control was regained and the well was static so that drilling could continue to the total depth and the initial wireline logging program could be initiated. The tool string was unable to get past 7,330 feet on two separate occasions; the second attempt after a clean out trip.

A decision was taken to employ drill pipe conveyed logging tools. Whilst preparations were under way to do a further cleanout trip ahead of this operation, the well flowed with a 9.4 lb. per gallon mud weight in the hole and was therefore shut in at the surface with 200 psi recorded beneath the blow out preventer increasing to 1,100 psi. A surface kill operation is underway.

Various oil shows were recorded in the Permian, Pennsylvanian and Mississippian targets. Oily mud was observed at 8,090 feet and 8,430 feet and the mud analysis recorded up to 5% of contained oil at 8,650 feet. These shows will be evaluated using wire line logs after primary well control is re-established, which is expected to take several days.

http://www.fairfieldsuntimes.com/business/article_40391e12-f63e-11e3-9443-0019bb2963f4.html
    Last edited by buc: 28/08/14

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SSN (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.