SSN 0.00% 1.5¢ samson oil & gas limited

SUDs I'm following Buc's line of thinking. Nitrogen in fraccing...

1. 10,766 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3519
    SUDs I'm following Buc's line of thinking. Nitrogen in fraccing is not new. Its the manufacture and transport of the liquid nitrogen needed that Buc (& likely TB) is suggesting might be commercially feasible.

What I'm saying is N2 is easily produced by industrial process - like the small plant picture in the article and there are much smaller portable units available for well sites and of course much larger plants too.

So the question I'm trying to answer is whether the N2 in the ground can be extracted under pressure and straight into a tanker truck (like say filling a very large scuba tank). Not even sure it needs to be liquified as there are N2 based frac foams (e.g. from Air Products)
    http://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&r...cqTweYKr2asggpw&bvm=bv.82001339,d.dGc&cad=rja

Its worth a read.

Still not convinced an industrial gas company needs to pull the nitrogen out of the ground - but if it truly is a 50% cost savings then someone would listen. The question I believe is how much "industrial" plant and equipment is needed (or is it just a truck bringing in some raw material) to manufacture the fraccing fluids.

N2 fracs well documented for low water areas - not that there are water restrictions in Bakken are there?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SSN (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.