AVB 0.00% 16.5¢ avanco resources limited

A counter offer and a big one? Well, trying to publicly gang-up...

1. 1,030 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 183
    A counter offer and a big one?

Well, trying to publicly gang-up now to "force" a higher price means that any potential competitive suitor who may have been considering having a tilt, even at a mere cent or two higher which if you have a lot of shares is still a lot of money, now has to weigh in to the equation a (potentially) significant group of very aggressive and starry-eyed shareholders talking about "bids with a 2 in front of it" being the only acceptable bid. Wanting to exercise their group strength to block a full takeover.

Putting any potential bidder on notice for a costly problem. A group that has un-cleverly, tactically chosen to show their hand now... prior to a bid... rather than after.

So if the idea is to ward off or even frighten off any potential competitive bid, well that tactic may not do it in itself, but it will help to do it, and in reality assist in ensuring that shareholders get the LEAST for their shares, and not the most. The least.

It may well be a deciding factor in someone making a bid, or not. Where an entity was a bit either way about having a go, that would ensure that the "don't do it" argument prevailed... and you would never know.

In my opinion it is better to intelligently say nothing and watch what happens.... see what emerges... not try and scare off suitors by forming shareholder gangs with threats. Trying (in advance) to use amateur "strongarm" methods.

Personally I want the most for my shares. Rightly or wrongly, the best tactic I believe for that is to shut-up. Don't stir any pots... do not raise red-flags with possible suitors. Make their game harder.

Like everyone I want the best I can get... and it would annoy me to think that the misguided action of fellow shareholders prevented any bid from emerging. In other words, if no further bid emerges now... and you are a party to a smarty-gang that threatens blocking or demanding things .... then blame yourself.

It is my opinion and I make no apology for expressing it. Do I think my suggestion to "back off" will have any effect? probably not. Will it result in personal attacks? probably so. I do not put a popularity-filter on my posts as would be known. Only a truth-filter.

But at least I have expressed my view .

I will say no more.. no arguments or exchanges... and I feel BETTER! coffee time...

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVB (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.