NOR 0.00% 4.9¢ norwood systems limited

Thanks for your kind words and response. Re: Company finances. I...

1. 7,238 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2256
    Thanks for your kind words and response.

Re: Company finances. I think we are looking at these in a different way.

It seems your position is a big deal will cover off a large chunk of NOR's $4m annual expenditure.

My position is they will not get to sign a deal as they will fail the 'stink test' aka Due Diligence.

Let me share some insights/experiences. I had a software company in the late 1990's that signed deals with 3 MNC's; 2 US and 1 EU. In order to get to commercial terms, we needed to go through DD to get Preferred Vendor/Supply Chain Partner status. Basically we needed to hand over our books, give personal guarantees and align our E&O/Directors Liability/Key Man Insurance with their requirements. The cost of doing business to get to commercial terms was quite high. In return we were able to negotiate partial upfront/good faith payments.

How is this relevant to NOR? Unlike my company, NOR is a public company and its books are published in the AR and partially reported in the Quarterlies. Any potential customer can see the same thing many of us see here: as of right now, imo, NOR is on the verge of VA. We already know the SPP will be under-subscribed from PO not participating. How many other's will participate in the SPP? Will the underwrites withdraw support? And if the SPP/Underwriting fails, what next?

All these are uncertainties surrounding the very survival of NOR. So again, why would a big company risk something mission critical such as comms with NOR?

So you may contend an upfront payment will "save" NOR. Let's look at that via a previous example with NOR.

On 2/1/18, NOR announce the JMP deal: https://www.asx.com.au/asxpdf/20180102/pdf/43qklmyh1srpyy.pdf

On 30/4/18, NOR announce after on-boarding and user acceptance, they will invoice for upfront payment for 60% of anticipated revenue from Phase 1.
    https://www.asx.com.au/asxpdf/20180430/pdf/43tlk8clc851jv.pdf

Assuming payment was received in May, there is at least 4 months between signing of a deal and partial upfront revenue. In NOR terms, this is about $1.3m in expenditure in business as usual; taking your annual $4m figure. So where is the money coming from? A fully underwritten SPP is $1.2m before costs.

Now look at the last quarterly, on a cash flow basis, NOR is generating substantial negative margins: $59k in; $164k out in product manufacturing and operating costs. So think about every WV annual subscription. The money comes in, NOR then pay for the download and a commish on the subscription to Apple/Google. NOR then need to pay their service providers. They either pay for the full year in advance or pay over the year but raise a contingent liability. If the product has negative margin, then the greater the revenue, the greater the costs. Rather than cover overheads, each sale eats into non-existent cash reserves.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NOR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
4.9¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $23.20M
Open High Low Value Volume
4.8¢ 4.9¢ 4.8¢ $5.61K 115.1K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 135991 4.7¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
4.9¢ 4250 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.41pm 07/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
4.9¢
  Change
0.000 ( 0.00 %)
Open High Low Volume
4.8¢ 4.9¢ 4.8¢ 26347
Last updated 14.39pm 07/06/2024 ?
NOR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.