DBF 0.00% $1.44 duxton farms ltd

Don't mention milking cows Cocky, next quarter we may find...

1. 878 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 55

Don't mention milking cows Cocky, next quarter we may find ourselves invested in Duxton dairy.

I can see why the SP momentum changed direction with this announcement, another related party transaction
    when Duxtons are aware that holders are getting pretty concerned with all these related transactions, I did enquire
    a little while back about water allocations and costs at piambie and did off the cuff mention buying the water from
    duxton water or similar and was kind of told it probably wouldn't be DW because of the relatedness of the transaction

I took this as an acknowledgement of SH concerns over related party transactions and then they go and spend
    $2.5mill on something that duxton farms simply DONT NEED, if we had cash to splurge then maybe, but when we
    are selling off our farms to reduce our now huge debt that is bigger than our market cap, then NO this should not
    have been allowed to occur, did our independent directors have any say in this decision?

So much now hinges on the sale of Timberscombe, have Duxtons already counted on the sale proceeds and was
    counting on funds being transferred to Duxton dried fruits upon the sale of timberscombe and how much more
    money is going to flow to other duxton funds when we do manage to sell it

Timberscombe is a quality property, it produces a large percentage of our grain crops, the sale listing is worth
    viewing if you havn't already...its very impressive, the soils look great, I was under the impression that we needed
    to sell the property to pay down debt, but how much debt are we going to pay down? how much is going to be
    moved around to other related projects and diversified away, how much capital gains tax will we pay on its sale?
    It was listed as EOI closing 17/1/24, obvioulsly that date has passed and the weekly times has an asking price
    of $70mil as an indication, dont know where that come from...But I do know that our debt is approaching $75mil,
    I try to be a risk adverse investor and keep my leverage very low but most of my risk now is within my holding
    of this stock, half a mill of our debt belongs to me and i am very keen to see this reduced dramatically especially
    when debt is now pretty expensive at 7% or more

On a positive note the winter crop should bring in circa $20mil at least my back of envelope calculations come
    in around that figure and with cotton looking good, if we can pull off a good yield and have planted a decent
    number of hectares with the high moisture we had going into planting it should be a good year as well..touch wood

BTW does anyone have a figure of our actual hectares of cotton this year...last monthly update was august last year
    and I cant see a figure anywhere

Sorry for the rant

cheers grant

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add DBF (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.44
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $60.06M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.0¢ 0.0¢ 0.0¢ $0 0

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 1367 $1.44

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.49 8157 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.12pm 20/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
DBF (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.