OCC 0.00% 38.0¢ orthocell limited

Totally agree with you here. Unfortunately, it appears that the...

1. 2,103 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 597
    Totally agree with you here. Unfortunately, it appears that the only way they can attract any sort of interest in the company at all, is to offer a nice little discount to those who don’t need or truly desire it. Lord knows Paul has conducted ample investor presentations over the years to garner attention, but has all amounted to zero.

RE my comment about perverted accounting practices. Yes, obviously I’m being overly dramatic, I understand the manner they’re reporting in, but as you (by extension everyone) can see from yesterday and today’s price action, the market isn’t buying it. Yes what they’re doing is quite standard, but as you’ve said repeatedly in your post above, it’s confusing; so confusing to the layperson in fact, that they don’t care to take the time to work it out. Orthocell is a micro-cap, thus they need to sell the story, to make it as clear as daylight, simplify for the masses. People look at this quarterly, see revenues shrinking (over 3 quarters! Again, I'm being hyperbolic but that’s the perception) and think to themselves, “F*** this thing! They’re burning cash, losing traction and going backwards. Their new product must not be any good. I’m out.”

Simplified? Reduce to the bare bones? Throwing the baby out with the bathwater? Yes clearly, but, Bedger, we both know the market is driven more by human psychology than by logic and reason. And it's this logic and reason alone that we're where we're at regardless of how good the product is. It's coming up to 10 years since this company listed, and while I fully appreciate the fact that biotech's take a long time to play out, hell, everything in life takes far longer and costs far more than most realize, they have to do better and now more than ever as we're entering the commercialization stage.

You have proven yourself to be very astute when it comes to the science behind ATI and the fundamentals of the company, but time and again the market has proven you wrong and told us that it just doesn’t care about these things (at least in the small end of town). It’s all run on emotion. The only thing Orthocell is doing by reporting the way they’re reporting, is shooting themselvs in the foot, making it look like they’re trying to hide dwindling revenues. I know many people on here will balk at my overly simplistic view, but it’s the truth. It looks like a red flag regardless.

Why would I buy here, with some dubious accounting and zero traction with bugger all interest from any funds and zero directors buying on-market, when I can buy a more liquid, more popular company delving into AI or cancer research that's going to the moon. Who cares if they’re generating zero revenue, these things have a story!

That's pretty much the average sentiment of your average Joe on the street.

Mate, you're not wrong in the above quote, but like I said, no one cares. And that's not a snipe at you, it's just how it is.

Congrats on scooping up some more on today's selloff. I'm patient and will wait for this to fall further before grabbing some more. I believe next quarter will be a lot better than the last, and I believe the product is best in class too, and that this will turn one day and sooner rather than later, hence why even though my posts seem negative, they're only aimed in a certain direction.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add OCC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
38.0¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $78.49M
Open High Low Value Volume
38.5¢ 38.5¢ 37.0¢ $17.44K 47.00K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 2500 37.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
38.0¢ 29243 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 13.13pm 27/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
37.0¢
  Change
0.000 ( 2.63 %)
Open High Low Volume
37.5¢ 38.5¢ 37.0¢ 25561
Last updated 13.07pm 27/05/2024 ?
OCC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.