AVB 0.00% 16.5¢ avanco resources limited

Avanco's target statement 4.1 (d) says "It is possible that a...

1. 1,030 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 183
    Avanco's target statement 4.1 (d) says "It is possible that a proposal superior to the Offer could materialise in the future. However, as at the date of this Target’s Statement, no alternative proposal has been received."

Good old OZL's statement goes further and says... 1.7 "Neither Avanco nor OZ Minerals is aware of any other party intending to make a competing proposal for your Avanco Shares. " .. .your shares... right at you!

Avanco will only go so far as to say that no other proposal/offer has been received as of now. No more. Hmmm. And that is to state the obvious anyway. A subtle omission perhaps?

If AVB was "aware" of another potential offer coming, it has an obligation to run off and dob them in to OZL. Like telling tales at school.

"Aware" is a funny word. If the AVB boys were having a beer at the Parapuabas Pub and someone sidled up and said "I hear BHP are going to have a go...." do they slam their beers down and head for the nearest Brazilian payphone to call OZL in Australia?? But hey that is just rumour. Or is it? So what does aware mean?
    OZL is sort of correct to claim they and Avanco are unaware because if AVB were aware, they would legally have to have dobbed the sniffer in to them .. and they haven't.

Equally do AVB or OZL have an obligation to report the fact when they are positively "aware" of another bidder to us shareholders??? Oh No.. of course not!! Aware is flexible word anyway. Ears can be plugged.

So if OZL becomes aware so to speak, does it have to amend its Statement? yeah, right.

When I read those OZL words I initially took fright. No other offer.. panic... surely if there was one, those Heavies would be "aware"... where is the paperwork for me to sign...

And then... hold on!! It's another Con Job. haha Caution!!

Like seriously comparing the 17c to the market 7.7c and keeping a straight face. Which amazingly they do.
    It is Great Fun!!!! A circus.

Would I do all the swifties they are trying on?... in their shoes.... absolutely! The only thing I would draw the line at was directly threatening shareholders.... and even then it could be tempting. Implied threats are much nicer...

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVB (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.