ALK 2.78% 55.5¢ alkane resources limited

@speculator101 I think maybe you did get up grumpy.The hedges...

1. 2,368 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 502
    @speculator101 I think maybe you did get up grumpy.
    The hedges have been discussed back a bit - strategy not universally agreed by posters, but has been in place for some time. Hard to evaluate the relative merits of hedging versus cap raise today and associated immediate share dilution. I suppose they could pay out the hedge at a future time by cap raise at that point - so possibly hedging has left more flexibility for management? If share price is higher in future, closing hedge then leads to less dilution?
    Increasing the loan amount, and not increasing the hedge volume seems like a successful outcome if they need the extra money. Also, delaying first repayment by six months and spreading the time period to pay back the hedge decreases the impact on the bottom line, reducing financial risk.

Management has been clearly telling us for some time that a five year plan is coming in June, maybe early July. Capital needs at the same time, so it seems a little patience is the order of the day. Banging on about the need for it today indicates frustration - I can see some have that - but leading a crusade against the BoD is pretty pointless - they are doing just as they told the market.

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/6177/6177600-af3b1f3763135454c5fc1856861e2cd5.jpg

Hotcopper posting is unlikely to determine management strategy, so maybe the prolific posters are trying to convince others of the terrific insights they possess.
    Most people make mistakes in investments - I certainly do, but Alkane has funded itself through creation of a green fields 15m oz gold equivalent resource - and is delivering a plant upgrade to Tomingley to see it through another 8-10 years production - it has also floated off ASM at large profit for those taking advantage of it (including me).

I do fear the possible size of the upcoming five year capital requirements, but as of today I think that Ian Gandel has chaired the company successfully, and has great team.

Good luck to all.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ALK (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
55.5¢
Change
0.015(2.78%)
Mkt cap ! $334.9M
Open High Low Value Volume
55.0¢ 56.0¢ 54.8¢ $260.3K 469.7K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
7 70513 55.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
55.5¢ 2981 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 06/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
56.0¢
  Change
0.015 ( 3.44 %)
Open High Low Volume
55.0¢ 56.0¢ 55.0¢ 101995
Last updated 15.57pm 06/06/2024 ?
ALK (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.