ALK 0.89% 55.5¢ alkane resources limited

it can happen - no doubt but sadly this is not the case with...

1. 7,561 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1424
    it can happen - no doubt but sadly this is not the case with ALK.

When the market is wrong the company does not blows up the budget by significant margin and pretends not to be the case - technically we don't know 100% but the fact the company is not reporting budget vs actual numbers on the project progress so we all speculate and I think we will end up being right.

Also, the MD just dropped a shocker during the last Crux interview that ALK is about 6 weeks behind production at Roswell - if I heard it right - but failed to inform the market during the Q report.

To me it seems - the investment community lost confidence in the BoDs and the MD to deliver. The loss of confidence is based on actual performance over the last few years. The MD is not MD material and the BoDs is not interested to hire a proper MD - though proper MD may not be willing to work with current Chair and half the BoDs.

Having said that ALK may still end up with very high SP due to spectacular exploration result but I doubt it will be due to good management and the handling of the Tomie expansion.

They are good at discovering deposits - where they are terrible is when it comes to developing these deposits on time and budget so they can start paying divis.

So if they do hit something really juicy with the exploration then SP to da moon. But if that does not play out then good luck to all of us.

The 5 year plan is just extension for the MD to stay in the job for another 5 year and deliver same what he delivered in the last 5 years minus the lucky hit with ASM which only paid due to apes pumping the SP to da moon which had nothing to do with fundamentals as ASM now trades at $1.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ALK (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
55.5¢
Change
-0.005(0.89%)
Mkt cap ! $334.9M
Open High Low Value Volume
56.5¢ 57.0¢ 55.0¢ $235.0K 421.2K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
8 243619 55.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
55.5¢ 5858 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 03/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
55.5¢
  Change
-0.005 ( 2.19 %)
Open High Low Volume
57.5¢ 57.5¢ 55.0¢ 188966
Last updated 15.57pm 03/06/2024 ?
ALK (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.